So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Friday, 2 April 2010

WEEK 51 Some Comfort

I’m feeling better about myself of late, but I must be nervous in a different way because I can’t stop eating. While I’m waiting for my operation I’m restricted in terms of exercise. HOWARD noticed I’d put on a few pounds.

“It’s all going back on,” he said. “Yesterday I heard some of the girls saying, D’you remember when Eva was thin? The stitching on your clothes won’t hold if you get massive again. None of us wants to see that. Yuk!”

Fortunately there was a temporary distraction. One of the ladies brought her granddaughter in to see us. She toddled around the desks exploring as we cooed and waved.

“No point you looking,” HOWARD pointed out. “You’d have to find a man first before you can get one of them and that’s hardly likely. I once thought you were wearing maternity clothes till I realised you were just massive!”

I told HOWARD I’d get happily get pregnant for the maternity leave away from him.

“I think you’re out of time. I’m guessing you’re in early menopause. That’ll put pay to it.”

A paralegal who sits a couple of desks over has been trying for a baby for some time. She looked annoyed at HOWARD, but smiled as the little girl tumbled onto all fours, laughing.

HOWARD laughed too and held up two Vicks nasal decongestant inhalers. I won't tell you what he compared them with and what he said. I'll just say he finishing with a disgusting impression.

I opened a packet of nuts and raisins at the same time as the paralegal opened a packet of carrot sticks. I hope she’s eating for two. As for me, I’m only human.

Wouldn’t you comfort eat?

See you soon

Eva x

No comments:

Bottom Swirl