So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Thursday, 20 May 2010

WEEK 64 Memory Lane

I don’t know if you read my WEEK 29 blog, called Resurrection. In it, HOWARD wrote offensive sexual comments across letterhead paper and subsequently shredded it. In the blog I mention, as an aside, that the Senior Solicitor and Head of Personnel had also starting pestering me with e-mails about spanking at the same time.

I was so pre-occupied with proving my case against HOWARD I had forgotten all about these other e-mails. Then, picking up a folder, a load of original e-mails from HOWARD’S superior fell out. I couldn’t believe it. There they were, lying all over the floor – e-mails where I’d apologised for not having typing capacity and he’d replied he wasn’t going to wheel out the ‘punishment chaise longue’ this time, or the ‘spanking stool’. In some of them he apologises, and then continues – as though he cannot help himself.

What shocks me most is that these e-mails, disgusting though they are, were an afterthought at the time. I simply printed them off and chucked them in a separate folder. I was in so much trouble with HOWARD.

I’m sure, however, having sent them on to my solicitor, that my old Head of Personnel is going to find memory lane as bleak and as dark a place to visit as I did.

See you next week.

Eva x

No comments:

Bottom Swirl