So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Sunday, 13 June 2010

WEEK 72 Not Lost in Translation

A secretary I worked with years ago got a message to me that she’d been approached by the Senior Solicitor. He e-mailed asking if she’d seen me recently. He wanted a chat about me. Knowing OLLIE’S secretary had a terrible time with his firm and assuming I’d had a similar experience, she ignored his e-mail.

Undeterred, the Senior Solicitor phoned her to ask if she’d had any contact with me. She told him I was an old friend and she was not going to be drawn into whatever was going on in his company. So he didn’t bother her again, she sent him an e-mail telling him to sort his own problems out; her polite way of telling him to “get stuffed.”

I’d already let a similar incident slide when, last week, I heard on the grapevine the Senior Solicitor had approached a lawyer I work with. I figured his questions about me might have just been opportunistic enquiry.

It’s more serious than that. The Senior Solicitor, scared of press involvement, is running around town trying to assess how many people know what I went through at his firm. He's also trying to find some dirt on me to get out of the settlement. So far, his investigations have turned up zilch. I can imagine him scratching his head and wondering if they’ve all got away with it.

He’s looking in the wrong place, of course. As we know, I’ve been candidly telling it like it is all over the place; confiding in my friends in the UK, Australia, Finland, USA, Canada, Israel, South Africa, Brazil and Japan etc.

I sincerely hope and trust that if the Senior Solicitor talked to any of you, the only difference in the unanimous “get stuffed” messages would be the accents.

See you soon

Eva x

No comments:

Bottom Swirl