So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 26 June 2010

WEEK 77 Remembering

A lovely thing happened this morning.

Normally, my mornings go the same way. I wake around 5.30am. I go for a run or, more recently, I’ve started work on my new workplace bullying book. Then I line up 101 things to do. Monday to Friday I'm in work, but I’m also blogging, twittering, going to the gym, cleaning etc. The trick is to suppress memories of HOWARD by keeping busy.

Then this morning I overslept.

I awoke under a gold sheet of sunlight, so I knew I was late. It was, in fact, an hour and a half later than planned. But I still had feeling it was going to be a good day. I can’t remember the last time I overslept, but we’re talking years. Thankfully, I wasn’t late for the writers’ workshop I’d put my name down for. I haven’t done one for a long time and I was little nervous. However, I needn’t have been. It was a fantastic day. It was creative, inspiring, encouraging and among friends.

I’ve spent so much time recently with my solicitor having to recollect specific details about working with HOWARD, it was lovely to recall of the shape of my life before he came along. And I think that’s why I overslept this morning. My system is reminiscing - and relaxing. Looked at in terms of a life of 36 years, HOWARD is merely blip on the landscape.

I find having left my workplace bully behind, life begins to mould back into something resembling its old form. Only time will tell how complete a recovery I make.

But I’m remembering...

If you are the target of workplace bullying – I want you to try and remember too.

Lots of love,

Eva x

2 comments:

Mr Fan said...

wow, the freedom and choices, you can be yourself, say what you want when you want and not be intimidated,

Ooo I dream of that one day, but sadly i can't do any thing at all.

Bullied By The Boss said...

Your time will come Mr Fan.

I know how hard that is to believe at the moment, but it will happen.

In the meantime, look after yourself - spoil yourself. You deserve it.

Bottom Swirl