So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Sunday, 25 July 2010

WEEK 85 Two Birds, One Stone

What upset me most last week was not learning that the Christmas party was at my old office’s favourite hotel, but my reaction to it. After weeks of making happy and steady progress, HOWARD jumped straight back in my head. His mocking tone was loud a clear; how ugly I am; how my book is a big waste of time; how vulnerable dreamers like me will never amount to a hill of beans; one of life’s essential losers.

So this week’s blog is a short, quick one. I locked the door of my flat last Friday. The moment I got in from work I was determined to finish the first draft of my book, started a month ago. I typed yesterday until my brain fogged, the night fell and so did I, straight into a mentally exhausted sleep less than an hour later. I figure I’ve got about 8 hours of good typing in me today before I collapse. It should be enough. Then I’m going to have a celebratory drink and forget about it for three weeks.

It's such an achievement. I’ve never been so driven and ambitious for something. I also had no idea I have so much to say about workplace bullying. And while I’m writing, of course, I’m only in tune to my own voice. The glorious by-product of this is I’m too preoccupied to listen to HOWARD still trying to dictate my future.

Do wish me luck. I’m drowning him out by proving him wrong.

See you soon

Eva x

No comments:

Bottom Swirl