So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 28 August 2010

WEEK 94 Rejection

Book finished, I couldn’t help sending a letter and sample chapters to the first 4 London publishers on my list. Aim high and all that.

As I plugged into my audio-typing, I consoled myself even if everyone on my list rejects it, it’s not the end of the world. I still have a full time secretarial job in a lovely law firm where no one is bullied and everybody is kind.

Hey, no problem if these publishers hate it.

What a lie!

Now I’m wondering how much of this crazy business is a knee jerk reaction to HOWARD’S constant assertions that I’m a social reject. What better way to prove him wrong than to write a fantastic book about workplace bullying. But I’ve thrown down the gauntlet, haven’t I. I’ve put everything on the line. I’ve chucked everything into this book to prove I’m not just a useless dreamer of a secretary who refuses to grow up.

When I think about this madness, the dedication it’s taken to write this book - he’s half right.

I’m a dreamer of a secretary who refuses to give up.

...Just yet.

See you soon

Eva x

2 comments:

bigpip said...

Have you thought about publishing the book yourself?

There's a program called Blurb which allows you to create your book at home, then upload it to be printed. The book can then be added to a store for others to buy.

You cut out the middleman and the fear of more rejection.

Good luck.

Bullied By The Boss said...

I'll definitely take a look at Blurb this weekend, it sounds really interesting.

Thanks for the heads up bigpip x

Bottom Swirl