So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Wednesday, 17 November 2010

WEEK 113 If It's For You...

I’m forever reminding myself of the phrase, “If it’s for you – it won’t get by you.”

I tend to go after things like a Jack Russell. I exhaust myself working to obtain something - when sometimes it’s more sensible to trust these things will to come to you.

I was all ‘terrier’ in collecting evidence against HOWARD.

Then yesterday, out of the blue, I had a text from HOWARD’S first secretary. He’d always got on pretty well with her. She’d had a clear out and came across some paperwork from a couple of years ago. It included a couple of friendly e-mail exchanges between her and HOWARD. However, there were one or two serious ones, where he’d enquired with reference to me, “What the f*ck have I done to upset her now?” HOWARD’S secretary politely indicates that it’s his habit of standing over my desk for hours on end insulting me that does it.

There are also other e-mails where he’s sarcastic following publicly humiliating me. “I hope she’s not f**cking crying again!” he writes.

HOWARD’S first secretary asked me if I wanted them for evidence. She’s heard about my Tribunal attempt. It’s a gift. Although I’m not taking them to Tribunal, these e-mails are essential to back up my workplace bullying credentials.

If I’ve learnt one thing it’s that no amount of dogged, persistent lies by workplace bullies can keep the truth hidden for long.

Best wishes,

BBTB x

No comments:

Bottom Swirl