So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Monday, 3 January 2011

WEEK 124 Slow Burn

I don’t know about you, but for me it’s a psychological slow burn going the New Year, especially when the departing year was a trial in itself.

I met OLLIE’S ex-secretary on New Years Eve for mulled wine and mince pies. We sat in her back garden burning kindling in an old barbeque bucket to keep warm. She confessed she’s not feeling optimistic. The Prime Minister says it’s going to be a ‘difficult’ year too; job cuts leading to escalating employment anxiety. I thought for a second about packing the blog in. Has it helped anyone? Has it changed anything?

Sometimes I’m plain daft. As the smoke rose from her makeshift heater, I realised the blog saved me. And it’s changed me forever. The fire isn’t out yet, and this year may see the economic climate fanning those flames.

So I’ll be here in 2011 to stand next to for a bit of warmth, if you feel the need.

Happy New Year.
Best wishes

BBTB x

1 comment:

Mr Fan said...

I think the blog is very helpfull.

May your new fresh career flourish without the bosses ignorant, selfish incompetencies.

My boss is jealous that he publicly critises me using micro-manging as his tool. He is always the big headed, loud mouthed larikan gatekeeper who is a womaniser & gives double standards. I think if one can not to over think things it can be better depending on the issue.

Bottom Swirl