So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Monday, 14 February 2011

WEEK 136 Valentine's Day

Is it really a year since I wrote the humiliating blog Just Dance?

Looking back, it’s like an anti-Valentine; a tribute to negative chemistry and passionate dislike. It ended, of course, with my bursting into tears at my desk and having to take a breather after seeing HOWARD dancing in triumph in front of our Practice Manager.

This year, nobody’s said a word. I’m probably one of the few singletons about to enjoy every minute of the day. I’ve bought chocoloate biscuits for my colleagues, and I’ve bought a separate box of fortune cookies for us single gals.

I don’t mind what my cookie says. Whatever the future brings, it can’t fail to be better than the past.

Best wishes

BBTB x

2 comments:

Mr Fan said...

Happy Valentines Day.

Good thing at least you not with Howard.

I spent my valentines day with a number of bullybosses & yes I got bullied.

Hope one day if it's my destiny that I can move on but it's so difficult especially when your boss won't support it.

Bullied By The Boss said...

Hi Mr Fan,

If you've read my most recent blog you'll see I wholeheartedly agree that moving on and getting ahead isn't easy.

Even I'm demoralised at the moment and, as you note, I'm not even working with HOWARD anymore - which is the silver lining.

Hard keeping our chins up, eh?

Am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Bottom Swirl