So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 19 February 2011

WEEK 138 Road to Recovery

Last week was a tough one, so I spent my evenings in the gym or running. Endorphins help.

During Thursday’s gruelling exercise class, as I was doubled over gasping for breath, my trainer timed my recovery back to normal breathing. As my heart rate dropped and he clicked off his timer, he looked pleased. As with life - it’s not so much what you’ve been through, as how quick you can recover and throw yourself back into the game which is the greatest test of your health.

So although I had an emotional wobble mid-week, defaulting back to my books, my affirmation CDs and getting plenty of exercise meant I soon bounced back.

That’s what I’m taking from this week. If there’s one positive about going through life’s trials, it’s that you do get through them – and the more you go through, the faster you recover.

Wouldn’t it be fascinating if we had some way of measuring our mental resilience after prolonged bullying; a workplace health trainer stood over us holding a stopwatch? What an interesting experiment that might be.

In the meantime, I’m not just on the road to recovery - I’m up and running again.

Best wishes

BBTB x

No comments:

Bottom Swirl