So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Thursday, 17 March 2011

WEEK 145 March Madness

Exactly a year ago today, I walked into my old firm clutching my “To whom it may concern letter”. I dug it out this morning, having half a mind to write a blog about the terrible things mentioned in it, and how I’d successfully moved on.

I forgot how unpleasant that letter is. The specifics are certainly too unpleasant for my blog. Not that I haven’t moved on, but the details remain upsetting. I signed off that letter saying I couldn’t take any more.

How I longed for this first anniversary to be triumphant!

I hoped to announce I’ve found a publisher. I hoped to say I’m 100% recovered and better than ever. But this is real life. I have a nasty case of tonsillitis. My whole head is aching and my throat is full of ground glass. I’m still hunting for a publisher after a most disappointing let down last week.

Looking on the bright side, however, I’ve still come a long way since that letter. Add to that the fact that the weather is a few degrees warmer and the sun is starting to shine. I’m hoping my recent illness and disappointments are just the last remnants of my own period of winter.

Bring on spring.

Best wishes

BBTB x

1 comment:

Johanna said...

That reminds me of my "Grievance" letter which took some composing!But putting it down on paper made sense of things..not apologising , explaining whining and justifying passionately,but calmly stating how incorrect their procedures were..(never mind the content of disciplinary allegations!)..
Wallowing leaves abitter taste , but reminds us how far we have come and to be on the defensive
Wallowing leaves abitter taste , but reminds us how far we have come and to be on the defensive..
I wonder did you work your "notice?"
Hard for me to believe too that a year ago I was talking to ACAS CAB, and reading obsessively to empower myself with understanding.
You cannot underestimate PTSD.. a mind embattled by persistent abuse and fear of it..Healing like grieving takes time, and the hurt will recede.
You have written the book..publishers DO like it! You are supporting others and things take time..Tonsilitis is a sign your body needs a break..so what about that "DUvet day!" remember you are special and look after yourself!I hope you feel better soon..try an anaesthetic spray perhaps.. Chloramphenicol. We have had sore throats galore this year.
despite the cold pinch of fading winter it IS hard not to rejoice in a cheerfull flush of daffodils and the bridal radiance of cherry blossom.
"Be cheerful..STRIVE to be happy.."
GONE is the winter of our discontent...or so they say..XX

Bottom Swirl