So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 19 March 2011

WEEK 146 Fit for a Princess

I’m looking forward to the royal wedding.

I don’t come across as the most romantic person in the world – and I’m not necessarily, but weddings have a curious effect on me.

My own wedding was lovely. The whole day was rose-gold and cream, crystals and ivory silk. I never thought it would happen to me. Louis Armstrong’s ‘Wonderful World’ played in the background as we exchanged our vows. I wore a tiara and my friend’s little girl followed me around saying “You’re a princess!” My entire family were there, wishing us well. Although the groom is long gone, weddings remain gloriously soft focus.

Whilst I was looking forward to the royal wedding, I wasn’t going to buy them anything. Or I wasn’t until I saw their gift list. Kate Middleton and Prince William have asked their guests and well wishers to donate to one of 26 charities. Included is the Beatbullying charity. It’s said Kate chose them because she had to be removed from a particular school after just two terms because of bullying. Beatbullying are now planning to ask Kate to become a patron.

Can you imagine how those former school kids must be feeling, knowing they bullied the future Queen of England? Ouch. There’s a lesson for bullies and the people they target.

I like Kate’s fairytale example.

Because maybe we’re the one’s who’ll live happily ever after.

Best wishes

BBTB x

4 comments:

Johanna said...

HaHA I nearly e mailed you that one as i thought you would be pleased about the decision and the example..lovely to dream of those happy ever aftede to tell her she wouiers..mine although very late in the day..was perfect too..apart from the bully who rang my daughter asking if we were there..to procede to tell her she would get beaten up when she went back to school by another child..what breathtaking jealousy..makes you realise that some personal methods of communication are best withheld!

Johanna said...

HaHA I nearly e mailed you that one as i thought you would be pleased about the decision and the example..lovely to dream of those happy ever afters ..mine although very late in the day..was perfect too..apart from the bully who rang my daughter asking if we were there..to procede to tell her she would get beaten up when she went back to school by another child..what breathtaking jealousy..makes you realise that some personal methods of communication are best withheld!

Mr Fan said...

That's great if Kate donates to the bullying charity who will probably end up being the princess of the Commonwealth empire.

It should empower that organisation to improve bullying awareness.

Bullied By The Boss said...

Hi guys, it's a great thing isn't it. Good old Kate, and I still can't believe someone as sophisticated as her got bullied in school.

Happens to the best of us!

Bottom Swirl