So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 23 April 2011

WEEK 156 DIY

There was a time when people thought the world was flat. It was just a matter of perspective, of course. Just because something looks and feels flat doesn’t mean it is. You have to look at it from all different angles.

Of course, some things are what they are. Take my home for instance. Wherever you stand, it needs decorating. Whatever light I shed on it, it still looks jaded and tired.

My home and I could both do with a fresh outlook.

So this Easter holiday I’m donning my painting clothes, buying paint and borrowing ladders. I’m putting in the elbow grease and then decamping to my mother’s whilst the paint dries and the gloss smell fades.

Do something different this Easter to give yourself a fresh perspective – even if it’s just a fresh coat of paint. It’s amazing how being domestically creative can feel like a holiday in itself.

See you when I get back.

Have a happy Easter.

Best wishes,

BBTB x

No comments:

Bottom Swirl