So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

WEEK 175 True Colours

I wasn’t going to post this week. It’s been very quiet, but there’s always my 3 day watercolour taster course which ends today.

Oh boy. Has it been intensive!

Monday morning, my friend and I were nervous. We all were. Nine nervous students sat before our easels, carefully opening our boxes of 24 paints and clutching a handful of brushes as the register was called.

By the afternoon, practice over, the teacher assembled a still life of apples, vases, teapots and various backdrops.

“Choose whichever section you want” he said.

Me being me, of course, I did it all. I painted the green and gold curtains, the blue curtains with white birds in flight, the reflective red teapot, the two cobalt blue bottles, the plate of fruit and a little aquamarine cup with the gold rim.

It didn’t occur to me to make my first attempt easier and paint, say, JUST THE APPLES.

During break, I realised my fellow students had been more savvy. I was the only one to attempt everything.

“You’ve done this before” the teacher said.

I can’t remember the last time I used watercolours, but if it’s my overall approach he’s talking about - it’s one which seems to work for Bullied by the Boss. Even when I doubt I can do workplace bullying justice, I mix the colours in my palette and give it a go.

Best wishes

BBTB x

2 comments:

Mr Fan said...

The things you done with the water colour course sounds colourfull.

Yours aspirations to commence a employment law course sounds challenging, well done on your aspirations to adopt & obsorb new skills & knowledge.

Bullied By The Boss said...

Thanks Mr Fan.

I hope that a course in employment law will give me more insight into the best way people can get redress for workplace bullying.

Things need to change legally.

The course will be a big challenge, but I'm sure it'll give me many ideas too.

I'm going keep you posted - literally.

BBTB x

Bottom Swirl