So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Sunday, 9 October 2011

WEEK 194 Indian Summer

I’m back from catching the tail end of an Indian summer in Paris.



It was heaven!

Not so heavenly was returning to a lukewarm, week late e-mail from my potential publisher. She had reservations. Overall, I think she wanted my workplace bullying book to be less personal; a more generic self-help book. Au contraire, I thought. That’s the exact opposite of what my American editor recommended. She said make it more personal.

The publisher was unenthusiastic and suggested I might want to re-write – although she wasn’t guaranteeing she’d like it any more after that.

Here was the crux of it. I got the impression she didn’t like the blog. She didn’t believe people would be interested. They just want a regular self help book with none of that “Hey, I went through it too” malarky. It all came down to a difference of opinion.

The good news is, by self-publishing, my book should finally be out within a month or two. When it is, I'm sure it'll feel like my own Indian summer.

I’ll keep you posted.

A bientot!

Best wishes

BBTB x

1 comment:

Jayne Williams said...

I like you blog, and if you want me to put your self published book on my site contact me at info@homestudy.uk.com. This is not SPAM I am serious

Bottom Swirl