So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 24 December 2011

WEEK 206 Grand Designs

Season’s Greetings!

Hurrah! I got my workplace bullying book off to the publishers in time, so I can relax over Christmas.

Still, I feel like those couples on Grand Designs. You know the ones – where they start out telling Kevin McCloud their budget and insisting that they’ll have their derelict property renovated and beautifully restored by Christmas. Kevin McCloud, standing out of earshot, raises an eyebrow and tells the camera he applauds their optimism – but thinks they’re completely crazy.

Then, something like two and a half years later, having spent three times their budget and applied to the bank for a bigger mortgage, the older and wiser couple move in and confess to Kevin the many ways in which their project was compromised.

So, seeing out 2011 older and wiser, I’m looking forward to my book being finally on sale around February 2012. That’s not the end of it, of course. After all this effort – I’m going to have to have a fabulous launch. It’s another of my Grand Designs; already wildly over budget and highly ambitious.

I’ll reveal all after Christmas.

For now, I’ll just say if you’re anywhere near London on the morning of Monday 26th March 2012 – and you particularly dislike workplace bullying - you might want to keep it clear. I’ve got something fun planned.

In the meantime, I’m wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for all your support in 2011!

Very best

BBTB

No comments:

Bottom Swirl