So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Sunday, 18 March 2012

WEEK 218 Finishing Line

Today is the 2nd anniversary of me quitting on the spot and leaving the abusive, bullying Howard and his friends behind me. 

I couldn’t be happier. 

Bullied by the Boss is available on Amazon and the book launch is a week tomorrow. Here’s a link to the press release in case you or anyone you know in the media might be interested in attending the launch on the 26th March 2012. https://skydrive.live.com/#!/view.aspx?cid=D868C2E1F4CBADC2&resid=D868C2E1F4CBADC2!107

Aside from the logistics of the launch and persuading the media to attend, something bigger is about to happen. I’m about to get closure. My comeback wasn’t as smooth as I planned, but I got there in the end. Gone is the woman who couldn’t look herself in the mirror; who couldn’t meet people’s eye; who was developing a stammer.

If anyone’s left who wasn’t entirely sure of my motives or thought I was plain crazy - it’s this simple:

I’m proud of myself. 

Overcoming workplace bullying was 100 times harder than I anticipated, but once you’re there – it’s worth all the effort! 

Trust me!
Very best
BBTB

2 comments:

Mr Fan said...

Hi, Congratulations on going this far, sorry unable to be a regular due different life changes.

One of the most powerfull statements you make is on your current blog stating: "Nobody really writes about it from the heart – the experts haven’t been through it, and those that have aren’t really able to articulate what it’s like" Thank you for valuable work, good luck & all the best. xx

Bullied By The Boss said...

Awe, thank you so much Mr Fan! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments.

Best wishes and thanks again!

Eva xx

Bottom Swirl