So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 21 April 2012

WEEK 223 Waiting Game

I’m back!

Sorry about the temporary suspension of blog posts. April has been a strange and turbulent month of self-doubt, but I’m pleased to say I’ve laid those demons to rest - permanently!

It won’t happen again. 

But please don’t imagine that I gave up on my anti-workplace bullying activities in the interim.

Over the Easter bank holiday, I sent a copy of Bullied by the Boss to Vince Cable’s department, along with a letter explaining I wanted my workplace bullying story on his shelf before countless others joined it, thanks to his new employment reforms.

As if I needed proof, a friend drew my attention to a letter in the Straight to the Point section of the Daily Mail. Mr Cox asked the Mail to take a balanced approach to stories about employment reform (quite right too). His daughter was told her performance was substandard (despite written appraisals to the contrary) and sacked after 11 months in her job. Her employer, a Manchester law firm, admitted she’d have a good case for unfair dismissal just one month later. And that was in the good old days when an employee only had 12 months before their rights kicked in. Now, thanks to Vince Cable, we’ve got a 24 month wait. 

Talking of waiting, I hope it won’t be too long to hear from Department for Business, Innovation & Skills as to whether they’ve read the book. Realistically, they won’t have the time. Not with all those employers lobbying them for even more power over their workforce.

Oh boy, it's great to be back! 

Very best

BBTB

1 comment:

beatingthebullyboss said...

Whether you do or don't keep writing the blog, please keep it up and live. I've just discovered it and am going to start at week 1... recently 'realised' that what I'm enduring at work is "bullying" so am looking for ideas on how to cope with it.

Thanks

Bottom Swirl