So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 23 February 2013

WEEK 265 On Reflection



I’ve been involved in this blog for three and a half years. I’ve written close to 300 blogs, though some were removed last year for legal reasons. 

What an extraordinary journey it’s been. I’ve been subject to every kind of bullying: threatened mentally, physically and legally. I’ve been clinically depressed. I’ve lost more than one job out of it. But it’s far from all being bad news. I’ve had a great time raising awareness. Whilst I’ve made some lasting enemies, I’ve made far more marvellous friendships. I fell in love with Twitter. I had the most fun ever in Canary Wharf with the book launch and the barbershop quartet. I’m retraining as a teacher. I’ve read countless books on workplace bullying. And I’m in daily contact with my friends who’ve been there too. 

It’s all so complicated that I could never explain it to someone who didn’t already know.

But I’ve a nagging thought. I’m not being bullied anymore. Should I step aside for the new bullied by the boss bloggers? 

It does cross my mind once in a while. But every time I wonder whether it’s time to put Bullied by the Boss behind me, bullying at work is everywhere. In the last two weeks I’ve seen and heard so many instances of bullying in its various forms, I’m shocked. The injustice to targeted employees still makes me angry.

Will I give up? At some point I’ll have to. I can’t keep going forever. All I can say for sure at the moment is that it’s not going to be any time soon!

Very best
BBTB

2 comments:

RJBuxton said...

You've moved on. Bullied no more, and probably in a much better place mentally. You may never get over the 'injustice' you perhaps feel, but no doubt you have worked through it with your blog and with support. No one might expect you to carry this 'torch' forever. Unless you have identified it as a career path - which is a different and more positive thing entirely.

Dogdriller said...

As an aside - i.e. not really related to this, or any other of your blog posts - have you seen this ? http://www.everydaysexism.com/ Also reported on the BBC site - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21520385

Bottom Swirl