So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 2 March 2013

WEEK 266 Press Release



Kudos to anyone who takes the time to write down their experiences in order to help others. It’s a labour of love. A friend of mine is now trying to get the word out about her new book and, naturally, I offered to feature it in my blog. Here’s a snapshot of the press release:

BRITAIN’S SHAMEFUL TREATMENT OF WHISTLEBLOWERS
Is Britain like a totalitarian country?
Is there an area of life here where dissidents can be abused, psychologically broken, banished and then silenced so they can’t tell their story?

Replace the word ‘dissident’ with ‘whistleblower’ and the answer is yes. The misuse of Compromise Agreements to silence whistleblowers has come to light since the former NHS manager Gary Walker decided to break his gagging order. But this is not just a problem in the NHS. Another example is the Wirral whistleblowing social worker Martin Morton who was harassed from his job, forced to resign, gagged and driven to the point of suicide. Martin Morton has bravely refused to comply with his gagging order.

It's a heartbreaking tale of an employee who spoke to a manager with concerns about quality of care. What followed was a witch hunt to expel her from the organisation. Despite putting up a tough resistance she was finally hounded out and gagged. If you would like more information please contact me via blog, Twitter or email and I will pass on your details. 

Good luck to our friend!

Very best wishes
BBTB

No comments:

Bottom Swirl