So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 30 March 2013

WEEK 270 Happy Easter



I don’t know about you, but I’ve been longing for Easter. I’ve got my favourite Easter egg, some good books to read and my TV guide. It’s time to chill out for a couple of days. Anyone who’s being bullied at work will be desperate for the break too. 

So kudos to the NUJ and Bectu for organising a BBC strike last Thursday, followed by a week of working to rule over bullying. Unions deliberately chose the Bank Holiday, affecting various programmes and news bulletins. They are objecting to the Delivering Quality First objective (DQF), which will see 2,000 BBC staff lose their jobs, whilst the rest have to deliver the same level of quality previously maintained with full staffing levels. The unions have made it clear they are aware that DQF is being used to bully and harass staff into taking on unreasonable workloads or face unemployment.  

I, for one, will be chomping through my Cadbury Buttons Easter Egg, welcoming disruption to the TV schedules and applauding the fact that people are speaking up.

Happy Easter everyone!
Very best
BBTB

1 comment:

Liz Fisher said...

I did not know about this till I read it here. Good on them taking stand this time of year to affect it the most, so hopefully people wil take notice.

I have certainly looked forward to my weekenend off work. Back today :( but will be counting down to my next day off this month, which is just over a month time. I can't wait till I get a job elsewhere. I don't like the way my current job is changing, with also more work on remaining staff cos of cut backs. I hate it since last December as I am on an area I don't like from being moved because of change. I feel tired and no energy some days.

Bottom Swirl