So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Relentlessly bullied by my former boss, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I recorded everything in this blog, which serves as a revealing insight into workplace bullying. WEEK 1 starts the story and, as the weeks progress, you'll note what starts as banter soon spirals out of control. Sadly, it's all true. Whilst along the way I've found alternative employment, my passion for blogging about workplace bullying remains. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him."

Saturday, 6 April 2013

WEEK 271 Public Property



For some time, I’ve been wondering whether I should step aside. I’ve been posting blogs for almost four years but, as the experiences that inspired its creation get further away, it’s lost a little magic. The wonderful thing about the blog back then was that it gave me perspective, direction and allowed an invaluable exchange of ideas with readers. It’s not over, however. I’m merely changing roles. I’m about to become editor rather than writer. Let me explain:

I continued blogging far longer than I thought I would. When other bullied workplace bloggers arrived on the scene - I thought the time had come to wind down. There were a few really great ones but, for legal reasons perhaps, they’ve been shut down (the lawyers tried to pull the plug on Bullied – so I know it happens).

I'll still contribute when I’ve got something genuinely insightful or exciting to say, but I hope that you’ll help it continue. Writing about your experiences is cathartic and therapeutic - so email me your stories and I’ll post them on the blog. I’m opening this space up to those being bullied at work at the moment, those who have recently been bullied or those taking legal action. A problem shared is a problem halved! 

Here are the requirements:

  • 300 to 400 words (approx) maximum
  • Please make all parties in your blog post anonymous (I have no desire to be sued   – again. And trust me, neither do you). 
  • Think of your audience. Be clear about what point or message you’re getting  across.

     This is your blog now. Maybe you haven’t got anything to say this week. Or maybe you don’t want to talk about your experiences just yet. But it’ll be here for you when you want to be heard. I’m sure you’ll find it every bit as valuable as I did!
 
Very best and thanks for your amazing support along the way!
BBTB (Editor)

6 comments:

Kate said...

What's the email address to sent potential articles to? Thanks!

You talkin to me? said...

Thanks for this, how is bloggers anonymity maintained?

Fiona WordsBird said...

That's a lovely way to evolve the blog, Eva. Well done. - Fi

YourMrBumbles said...

A very good idea. Will there be a link to follow to submit articles and how do you ensure anonymity?

Bullied By The Boss said...

That's wonderful that I've got some interested parties. The first guest blogger was published today and I'd love to have some other voices.

Email me at bulliedbytheboss.googlemail.com and I shall explain all.

I look forward to hearing from you...
Very best
BBTB

Bullied By The Boss said...

In the case of anonymity, it's simply a case of you choosing a preferred name and changing names and specific details in anything you write.

I can reassure you that your details will be completely protected.
Best wishes
BBTB

Bottom Swirl